Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dishwasher Detergent


So as you all know I am all about making my own cleaning supplies, especially when it is going to save me money in the long run. I ran across a blog that shared how to make it. So.. I took matters into my own hands and made my own!!! I have used it twice and I LOVE it!!! I have no idea how long it will last.. but I am guessing a pretty long time! Here is the break down!

Lemi Shine - $3.19 {Add to each load in the bottom of the wash, I tried it without and I had spots.}
Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda - $2.40
Borax - $3.39
Epsom Salt - $2.86 
4 packages of unsweetened lemonade drink mix {Kool-aid} - .20 each = $4.80

Which brought my grand total to: $16.64 


So to make this, follow these steps:


1 box Borax (4lbs 12 oz or 76 oz ) (2.15 kg) 

1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (55 oz or 3 lbs 7 oz) 
24 packages of unsweetened lemonade drink mix, like kool-aid. (**Note: lemonade will stain soap dispenser yellow, another option would be to use citric acid instead of lemonade. You can usually find citric acid in the canning isle )
3 cups Epsom Salt



I mixed everything in a bucket and shook it all together. Then I put it all into this container that keeps the air out and store it under the sink next to the dishwasher.





The blog I give credit to: Being Creative to Keep My Sanity

0 comments:

Post a Comment